Dr Brad Roth, Dr Michael Sevilla.
For full video, go to Videos page.
Left to right, below:
Seated: Dr Lorenzo Smith, Dr Megan Conrad, Dr Virgil Zeigler-Hill, Dr Julia Smith
Standing: George CorserFor full video, go to Videos page.
To Be Eligible for Funding We Must:
· Be registered for current academic year on GrizzOrgs
· Attend mandatory FALL training (President/Treasurer)
· Be in financial good standing (NO DEFICIT!)
· Have a President, VP, Treasurer, and Secretary
· You can APPLY for UP TO $3000 during both FALL and WINTER semesters (and $1000 during SUMMER semester).
· You do not automatically receive $3000!
· You can receive up to 1/3 of your semester allotment for conference registration costs ($350 for the summer)
· The maximum you can receive is $300 for the cost of a DJ, band or speaker.
· You can receive up to ½ of your semester allotment for equipment costs ($1500 during the FALL and WINTER semesters each, and $500 during the summer semester).
· You can receive up to $1200 of your semester allotment for food.
· You can receive up to $500 for Oakland Post advertisements during both the Fall and Winter semesters (and $200 during the Summer semester).
· If you co-sponsor an event, you are eligible for the total amount multiplied by the number of sponsoring organizations for a DJ, band or speaker.
· You must APPLY for $400 with the Discretionary
· You do not automatically receive $400 (or $200 in the summer).
· Your discretionary funds are the only SAFB funds available to purchase banners or fliers.
· You can use your discretionary funds on apparel totaling no more than $10 per item (i.e. T-shirts).
· Your Org may use $100 of discretionary funds to purchase a standing email account from UTS. This can be done at: UTS Net-ID Request
· You do not automatically receive $3000 a semester!
· You must apply for your discretionary funds and for each event separately (including equipment requests)
· You are responsible for your organizations accounts and ensuring that you always stay in good standing
· Always keep records for yourself and give originals to the CSA once approved (Remember that you can make copies at the CSA for FREE)
· Contracts are due to the CSA ONE MONTH in advance!
· All SAFB forms must be submitted to SAFB online 3 weeks prior to the event (or date the registration is due).
· Remember! CSA requires you to submit your contracts ONE MONTH in advance…
· Plan accordingly!
· December 1, April 1, and August 1 are the deadlines for semester funding submissions and the deadline to use discretionary funds.
“Must Haves” for Events:
· Allocation request form
· ALL quotes for Oakland Post ads, food requests, rental requests (such as a movie or stage), or equipment purchases.
· ALL copies of contracts if hiring a performer.
· A calendar request submitted or published saying “Free and Open to All to OU Students” if applying for an event.
· ALL form submissions must be submitted online through the SAFB website (oakland.edu/safb).
SAFB Does Not Fund:
· Giveaways or Souvenirs
· Meetings without speakers (with the exception of One (1) non-speaker meeting per semester)
· Food, lodging, or travel expenses for conferences
· Party or event planners
· Trips to restaurants
· Gifts/presents/graduation paraphernalia
· Delivery of rush fees for food being ordered
· Events which are not free and open to all OU students
· Additional OC room charges (i.e. room damages)
Life After Approval:
· Fill out the Petty Cash Request Form on GrizzOrgs. Take out the petty cash from the CSA, purchase your items, and return the extra cash with the receipt to the CSA.
· Have someone pay for the items, and then turn in the receipt with the Payment/ Reimbursement form to get reimbursed
· Make the purchases at Sam’s Club- but first have someone in your organization register for a Sam’s Club card via the Sam’s Club Card Registration Form.
· Fill out the Payment/Reimbursement form in order to order an item or make payment towards a conference
· Meet with Pam Dagostino, CSA’s Accounting Clerk (email@example.com) to solidify payment.
· Turn in the Service Agreement, W-9, Invoice, and Insurance to the CSA to make sure your performance contract is complete.
If We Don’t Know:
· ASK FOR HELP OR VISIT THE SAFB BOARD MEMBERS
· Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 248.370.4294
· Visit SAFB website for helpful information and FAQs - www.oakland.edu/safb
Notes above courtesy of... Trpko S. Blazevski
Oakland University Cyber Security Club
Secretary | email@example.com | www.cyberou.com
George presented Grad Connection to new grad students (above). Badrinath, Bikal, Lindsay, Ashish and Gautav (below) joined for dinner.
Grad Connection Meeting, Fri Aug-16, 2013, 7:00pm, Room 143 Dodge Hall
July 30, 7pm - Organizational Meeting
Here's what we decided.
1. Debbie is treasurer. George and Debbie will go to training.
2. Kristine will be secretary.
3. Badrinath will be VP
4. George will be president
5. George will be at welcome week. Lindsay please get us a table if you can!
6. Social event the third friday of every month from 7p "until" ... in september
7. we will prepare a small flyer for welcome week table, dept secretaries desks' and broadcast email to all grad students.
8. next meeting will be fri aug 16 (third friday of month.
9. debbie will email pictures.